Four Eyed Frog Books Top 20 Bestsellers January 2020
- Living at The Sea Ranch by Mary Alinder*, Andrea Lunsford* & Chris Kreyling*
A gorgeous, must-have book for all who love, live, or aspire to live on The Sea Ranch. A great introduction to things to see and do & a comprehensive list of services available to residents.
- City Mouse, Country Mouse by Maggie Rudy
Rudy creates magical mice from felt and pipe cleaners. She photographs her creations for books & cards. See two great dioramas Rudy created for this book at the Four-Eyed Frog.
- Tidelog 2020 – Northern California Edition from Pacific Publishers
The annual must-have for those who want to keep track of tides, planets and moon phases. Includes Monterey, San Francisco, and points north to Oregon.
- Sunny Loves Spring on the California Coast by Jeanne Jackson*
Sunny, the rescue Golden Retriever from Taiwan, shares more coastal wonders. Beautifully illustrated by Genevieve Wilson, Sunny's joy in learning about nature will enchant all ages.
- Sunny Loves Summer on the California Coast by Jeanne Jackson*
Sunny, a Golden Retriever from Taiwan, discovers the wonders of nature on the California Coast. He learns about whales and wildflowers, birds and harbor seals, and much more.
- I Wish I Had a Pet by Maggie Rudy
A cute and engaging picture book featuring Maggie Rudy’s mice from Mouseland who show youngsters how to choose and care for a pet.
- Indian Horse by Richard WagameseBC
Saul Indian Horse, a self-described hard-core drunk, is told to write his life story as part of his treatment. And what a story he tells. A beautifully written novel.
- qh awala.li: “water running down place” by Annette White-Parks*
Comprehensive, readable and certainly the most interesting and thorough history of our coast. A thoughtful souvenir—for you or for a special friend. Now only $10!
- All That the Rain Promises and More by David Arora*
Looking for mushrooms? The rain has finally arrived and they’re out there! This pocket-sized book, by local author David Arora, is the only reference book you’ll need.
- Embers: One Ojibway’s Meditations by Richard Wagamese
Wagamese’s thoughtful reflections, musings and meditations offer wisdom, insights, and thoughts well worth visiting and revisiting in this excellent and articulate little book.
- There There by Tommy OrangeBC
An ambitious first novel told in stories about different Indians in Oakland whose lives converge at a Pow Wow. Fierce, angry, funny, heartbreaking.
- Mendocino Coast Through Time by Tammy Durston*
The Mendocino Coast is known not only for its breathtaking beauty, but also for its colorful history. This book is a great gift to all those who appreciate our coast and want to know more.
- Sootypaws: A Cinderella Story by Maggie Rudy
“There once was a mouse, and her life was no fun.” So begins the Cinderella tale of a mouse who only wishes that someone would love her. Another great diorama story from Rudy.
- Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende
An epic novel spanning decades and crossing continents follows two young people as they flee the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War in search of a place to call home.
- The Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
The story of a Russian aristocrat living under house arrest in the Metropole, a luxury hotel, for more than thirty years.
- Mushrooms of the Redwood Coast by Christian Schwarz & Noah Siegel
A comprehensive, user-friendly field guide for identifying the many mushrooms of the northern California coast, from Monterey County to the Oregon border.
- Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year by Jeanne Jackson* & Craig Tooley*
Far & away the Frog’s all-time best-selling book. Colorful flora & fauna arranged by season, Fun Facts for all ages. Makes a great gift! Nearly 2,200 copies sold at the Frog.
- The Overstory by Richard PowersBC
"The best novel ever written about trees, and really just one of the best novels, period." —Ann Patchett. Overstory is the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction.
- The Sea Ranch by Susan Clark*
Sea Rancher Susan Clark, a passionate historian, shares the fruits of her work in this fact and photo filled history of The Sea Ranch. One of the Frog’s all-time bestsellers.
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
Four orphan vagabonds head for the Mississippi in a canoe, searching for a place to call home. They meet the wayward, the displaced, and lost souls in their enthralling journey.
BCLOCAL BOOK CLUB SELECTION