Four Eyed Frog Books Top 20 Bestsellers February 2020
- City Mouse, Country Mouse by Maggie Rudy
Rudy creates magical mice from felt and pipe cleaners. She photographs her creations for books & cards. See two great dioramas Rudy created for this book at Four-Eyed Frog Books.
- Sootypaws: A Cinderella Story by Maggie Rudy
“There once was a mouse, and her life was no fun.” So begins the Cinderella tale of a mouse who only wishes that someone would love her. Another great diorama story from Rudy.
- Tidelog 2020 – Northern California Edition from Pacific Publishers
The annual must-have for those who want to keep track of tides, planets and moon phases. Includes Monterey, San Francisco, and points north to Oregon. Only a few left!
- Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year by Jeanne Jackson* & Craig Tooley*
Far & away the Frog’s all-time best-selling book. Colorful flora & fauna arranged by season, Fun Facts for all ages. Makes a great gift! Nearly 2,200 copies sold at the Frog.
- Sunny Loves Spring on the California Coast by Jeanne Jackson*
Sunny, the rescue Golden Retriever from Taiwan, shares the coastal wonders of spring. Beautifully illustrated by Genevieve Wilson, Sunny's joy of nature will enchant all ages.
- Almost Everything by Anne Lamott
“All truth really is paradox, and that turns out to be a reason for hope. If you arrive at a place that is miserable, it will change.” — Anne Lamott. And that’s what this book is about.
- I Wish I Had a Pet by Maggie Rudy
A cute, engaging and educational picture book features Maggie Rudy’s mice from Mouseland. They help youngsters learn how to select and care for a pet.
- Gratitude by Oliver Sacks
It’s the rare person who counts his blessings upon learning he’s “face to face with dying.” But Oliver Sacks did just that with this posthumous gift to us.
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
From the revered British illustrator, a modern fable for all ages that explores life’s universal lessons, featuring 100 color and black-and-white drawings.
- Living at The Sea Ranch by Mary Alinder*, Andrea Lunsford* & Chris Kreyling*
A gorgeous, must-have book for all who love, live, or aspire to live on The Sea Ranch. A great introduction to things to see and do & a comprehensive list of services available to residents.
- There There by Tommy OrangeBC
An ambitious first novel told in stories about different Indians in Oakland whose lives converge at a Pow Wow. Fierce, angry, funny, heartbreaking.
- Congratulations, by the way by George Saunders
From Saunders’ 2013 Syracuse University graduation address, these powerful, funny, inspiring and wise words tap into a desire in all of us to lead kinder, more fulfilling lives.
- qh awala.li: “water running down place” by Annette White-Parks*
Comprehensive, readable and certainly the most interesting and thorough anecdotal history of our coast. A thoughtful souvenir—for you or for a special friend. Now only $10!
- Sunny Loves Summer on the California Coast by Jeanne Jackson*
Sunny, a Golden Retriever from Taiwan, discovers the wonders of nature on the California Coast. He learns about whales and wildflowers, birds and harbor seals, and much more.
- Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende
An epic novel spanning decades and crossing continents follows two young people as they flee the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War in search of a place to call home.
- A Very Stable Genius by Philip Rucker
This step by step account of Trump’s first 2+ years in office leaves little doubt the authors regard him as an unmitigated threat to American government as we have known it.
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
A gritty, unrelenting novel documenting the experiences of a mother and her son as they attempt to immigrate from Acapulco to North America. An “edge-of-your-seat” read.
- Indian Horse by Richard WagameseBC
Saul Indian Horse, a self-described hard-core drunk, is told to write his life story as part of his treatment. And what a story he tells. A beautifully written novel.
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste NgBC
Traces the intertwined fates of a “perfect” family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who move into the neighborhood and upend their lives.
- Mushrooms of the Redwood Coast by Christian Schwarz & Noah Siegel
A comprehensive, user-friendly field guide for identifying the many mushrooms of the northern California coast, from Monterey County to the Oregon border.
BCLOCAL BOOK CLUB SELECTION