Four Eyed Frog Books Top 20 Bestsellers April 2019
1. The Adventures of Rodney the Turtle by Barbara Dunsmoor - *E - Rodney was born from a bedtime story Barbara told her eldest grandchild 15 years ago. Several stories and grandchildren later, Rodney has taken on an adventurous life of his own.
2. Tidelog 2019 – Northern California Edition - The annual must-have for those who want to keep track of tides, planets and moon phases. Includes Monterey, San Francisco, and points north to Oregon.
3. Mendonoma Sightings Throughout the Year by Jeanne Jackson* & Craig Tooley* - Far & away the Frog’s all-time best-selling book. Colorful flora & fauna arranged by season, Fun Facts for all ages. Makes a great gift! Over 2,000 copies sold.
4. Sea Ranch: Architecture, Environment and Idealism by Jennifer Dunlop Fletcher - An examination of the Sea Ranch master plan and iconic early designs through sketches,drawings and archival photographs. Featured at San Francisco’s MOMA.
5. qh awala.li: “water running down place” by Annette White-Parks* - Comprehensive, readable and certainly the most interesting and thorough history of our coast. A thoughtful souvenir—for you or for a special friend. Now only $10!
6. Whales: An Illustrated Celebration by Kelsey Oseid - A charmingly illustrated collection that explores interesting and illuminating facts about whales, dolphins and porpoises. Perfect for those who love our coast.
7. Fylling’s Illustrated Guide to Pacific Coast Tidepools by Marni Fylling - A compact and beautiful reference guide to the vibrant world of spectacular wildlife you’ll encounter when the tide goes out.
8. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens - BC - Perfect for fans of Barbara Kingsolver, here is an exquisite ode to the natural world, a heartbreaking coming-of-age story, and a surprising tale of possible murder.
9. Beartown by Fredrik Backman - Bestselling author Backman returns with the tale of a forgotten town fractured by scandal, and the amateur hockey team that may bring them all back together.
10. Overstory by Richard Powers - BC - "The best novel ever written about trees, and really just one of the best novels, period." —Ann Patchett. Overstory is the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction.
11. The Reluctant Buddhist by William Woollard - Described as an excellent primer for anyone even vaguely interested in Buddhist beliefs it offers a clear understanding of how Buddhist teachings can impact our daily lives.
12. The Sea Ranch (revised edition) by Donlyn Lyndon* and Jim Alinder* - A revised and updated edition of the now-classic architectural monograph makes a lovely, indispensable addition to your coastal library.
13. You’re Doing What? Edited by Marjorie Penn Lasky - E - This wonderful collection of first-person accounts by older women will encourage you, regardless of age or gender, to think about how you want to live as you grow older.
14. American Agent by Jacqueline Winspear - When an American war correspondent is found murdered in her London flat, the news is concealed. So, Scotland Yard’s Robert MacFarlane seeks help from Maisie Dobbs.
15. Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese - BC - Saul Indian Horse, a self-described hard-core drunk, is told to write his life story as part of his treatment. And what a story he tells. A beautifully written novel.
16. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe - BC - The Fortunes & Misfortunes of the Famous Moll Flanders, 1st published in 1722, purports to be the true account of the life of Moll, detailing her exploits from birth through old age.
17. The Little Green Frog by Ginger Swift - Follow a little green frog and meet all the animals that live around the pond.
18. The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - “A place ain’t a place without a bookstore!” — a touching novel of love between parents & children, couples, of books and of life! A Frog favorite!
19. The Sea Ranch by Susan Clark * - Clark, a passionate historian, shares the fruits of her work in this fact and photo filled history of The Sea Ranch. A perennial best seller at the Frog.
20. The Hiker’s Hip Pocket Guide to the Mendocino Coast by Bob Lorentzen* - The brand-new edition of this popular book details all public trails on & near the coast between The Sea Ranch and the Chemise Mountain on the southern Lost Coast.
BC - LOCAL BOOK CLUB SELECTION
E - AUTHOR EVENT IN APRIL